Specific Proof Immigration Hates Asians


13-ImmigrationBy Khmer Voice | July 2, 2014
Recently, Immigration and the State Department changed the document requirements for visas processed in Phnom Penh.  None of the changes are good for the Cambodian visa applicants. In fact, they are completely unfair and unrealistic. They border on absurd. As such, the Khmer Voice offers it as more conclusive proof that Immigration hates Asians.
Here is a quick highlight of one of the changes to visa requirements:
REQUEST FOR A ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF THE PETITIONER AND BENEFICIARY
The problem with this request is most Cambodians are unable to obtain an “Original Birth Certificate.” The State Department surely remembers the Khmer Rouge and the lack of documents available from Cambodia.
First, is if the person is one of the lucky few to actually get an Original Birth Certificate, the Cambodian Government only allows three of them. If you need to petition more than three people, then you have to choose wisely which three to petition for.
The Original Birth Certificate MUST be recorded at the date of your birth. Meaning, no Delayed Birth Certificates will be accepted. Yes, they want an Original! No delayed birth certificates will be accepted. You cannot submit a birth certificate made after you were born. They want the one that was made when you were born.
No Abstracts
The birth certificate must be original. Abstracts are no longer accepted by the State Department.
BAPTISMAL RECORD
Not to worry, says Immigration. You can submit a baptismal record in lieu of the original birth certificate. The Catholic Church keeps great records of who is born and baptized so Immigration accepts them.
Ummmm, HELLO IMMIGRATION! We are not Latinos. There are no Baptismal Records in Cambodia.  The following statistics are taken from the CIA website:
  • Cambodian Religions:
  • Buddhist (official) 96.9%, Muslim 1.9%, Christian 0.4%, other 0.8% (2008 est.)
  • Mexican Religions:
  • Roman Catholic 82.7%, Pentecostal 1.6%, Jehovah’s Witnesses 1.4%, other Evangelical Churches 5%, other 1.9%, none 4.7%, unspecified 2.7% (2010 est.)
Yes, that’s right. From the U.S. Government’s own statistics 0.4% of Cambodians are Christians and may or may not have a baptismal record. The rest of the 99.6% of Cambodians are unable to produce a baptismal record.  But if we were Latinos or Mexicans, it would be NO PROBLEMO.
AFFIDAVITS OF BIRTH
When someone who was present at your birth and is willing to swear that you were actually born and the DNA test that proves your parents are your parents is correct is called Affidavit of Birth. This was an old standard way to get around the need for Birth Certificates. It is no longer acceptable unless you get a letter from the Cambodian Government saying that your Original Birth Certificate is unavailable. The Cambodian Local Government will supply an “Abstract” so they will not state the Birth Certificate is unavailable. They gave one, the Abstract which the U.S. Government will not accept.
So even though the Petitioner is a U.S. Citizen and has a DNA test to prove that his parents or siblings are directly related to him the average Cambodian is going to be denied for the lack of an “Original Birth Certificate.” These new rules are completely unfair.
The petitioner has a U.S. Citizenship Certificate.  In immigrant visas, they have DNA that matches the relative. Two pieces of evidence that are completely conclusive when determining identity and parentage.  Instead of accepting that, Immigration and the State Department have decided to ask for things that are all but impossible for Cambodians to obtain.
Another Cambodian Case Denied. Thanks for the $420 dollars. Please file again so we can charge you and then deny you again. Yes, the U.S. Government is denying cases bases on this. It is so absurd that it would be funny if it was not so wrong.
Next time you travel, look for the big sign on the border says:  WELCOME LATINOS. ASIANS STAY OUT!
More to come…

 

ឆ្លើយ​តប

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

ឡូហ្កូ WordPress.com

អ្នក​កំពុង​បញ្ចេញ​មតិ​ដោយ​ប្រើ​គណនី WordPress.com របស់​អ្នក​។ Log Out / ផ្លាស់ប្តូរ )

រូប Twitter

អ្នក​កំពុង​បញ្ចេញ​មតិ​ដោយ​ប្រើ​គណនី Twitter របស់​អ្នក​។ Log Out / ផ្លាស់ប្តូរ )

រូបថត Facebook

អ្នក​កំពុង​បញ្ចេញ​មតិ​ដោយ​ប្រើ​គណនី Facebook របស់​អ្នក​។ Log Out / ផ្លាស់ប្តូរ )

Google+ photo

អ្នក​កំពុង​បញ្ចេញ​មតិ​ដោយ​ប្រើ​គណនី Google+ របស់​អ្នក​។ Log Out / ផ្លាស់ប្តូរ )

កំពុង​ភ្ជាប់​ទៅ​កាន់ %s